Saturday, November 12, 2011

Heros Among Us

Catholics and other Christians celebrated the feasts of All Saints and All Souls earlier this month. Our belief in the Communion of Saints reminds us that those now in God's presence were once here with and among us in time and space. The Blogger Roxane Salonen, in her November 11 posting about heroes, identifies modern heroes that have impacted her life.

" Though heroes may be in short supply, I've been blessed to have stumbled onto the path of many (some largely unsung) in the course of my Christian walk. Each has influenced my faith life in some way. Though this is just a small sampling, consider it the start of my list of fellow Christians who have inspired me toward a life of integrity in recent years:"

Read her essay here.  Her list includes many that I find on my own list. By the way, Roxane is among my heroes. I highly recommend her blog to all seeking a positive and encouraging chronicle of Christian life.

No comments: