Saturday, January 05, 2013

Footprints on my Heart

My life is filled with many interests. Family, Church, Business and Community are categories to which these interests might be apportioned. In the lull between the seasonal closing of our business, the slowing of  community life in our resort area town and the start of tax season the interests of the heart, Family and Church, get center stage for a while.
 
One way my wife and I celebrate Family during the seasons of Advent and Christmas is to prepare an annual letter, a sort of diary entry, about our life in the past year. We share this letter with our family and close friends. This morning I reread the Christmas Letters we have written over the 53 years of our marriage. Despite the ups, downs and, yes, gaps in this journal I can clearly see the footprints of  the loving God whose coming we celebrate in this season. I pray that you also see the signs of His presence in your lives and hearts.
 
In my next postings I will talk about my other 'heart' interest, the spiritual / church by identifying 'voices' of the church that have been important to me in the last year.

No comments: