Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tribute to Love

Thanks to Jennefer for the link to this video. It is here , however, as a tribute to my Uncles who cared for their wives like this man and to my neices and nephews who cared for my sister, their mother, in a similar way. It is a tribute to the kind of love Jesus and the Church are calling us to - giving oneself away for the sake of those we love - Agape, in Greek.

Due to the events of today (The departure of Benedict XVI) I would quote from the ending of John's Gospel (21:15-17) when Jesus Challenged Peter to do likewise.
 
'When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love (agape) me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love (like a friend) you." He said to him, "Feed my lambs."
 
He then said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love (agape) me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love (like a brother) you." He said to him, "Tend my sheep."
 
He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love (agape) me?" Peter was distressed that he had said to him a third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." [Jesus] said to him, "Feed my sheep.'
 



No comments: