Sunday, September 20, 2015

Attending World Meeting of Families

Am on the way to World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia. Pope Francis will join us on Saturday and on Sunday will say Mass for a huge crown outdoors. I am scheduled to be a Eucharistic Minister at this mass (along with 1499 other Priests and Deacons). If I have time I will post photos and comments about these events here.

I am eager to hear the first keynote speaker, Robert Barron, speak. He is now an auxiliary Bishop of Los Angeles. He was the creator and producer of the acclaimed video series "Catholicism" which many of us saw on Public Television, on EWTN or in their home parishes. An outstanding communicator in the tradition of Fulton Sheen.

I am hoping to meet other bloggers while there. I note that Roxane Solonen, the Fargo author, blogger and Fargo Forum Feature writer, will be coming. Perhaps the St Cloud and Fargo teams will cross paths during the week.

No comments: