Monday, June 09, 2008

Generations of Priests

My pastor recently celebrated forty years as a priest. His memories include the departure of most of his seminary classmates from ministry. Looking at the pictures of his ordination reminded me of my own ordination to the Diaconate 24 years later.

Today I saw pictures of the ordination of Dennis Schenkel for the Memphis Tennessee Diocese and read his excellent blog entry about some of his thoughts during the Ordination liturgy. His essay is an a meditation on priesthood and a tribute to the faithful priesthood of a pastor from his own past.

Faithful priesthood certainly is the hallmark of those, like my pastor, whose vocations have been so critical to the faithfulness of the parishes they have served over the years. Thank you Father Schenkel for sharing your ordination.
To read his blog article entitled "Touched" please go to the following URL,

http://vitamea.cybercatholics.com/vitamea/2008/06/09/touched/

No comments: