Sunday, January 31, 2016

Book Reviews - 2016.1

Book Reviews By The Lake - 2016.1

For some reason the start a new year stimulates me to think about books that I have read over the preceding months. So the posts this year labeled "Book Reviews By The Lake - 2016.x" will run the gamut from simple recommendations to my readers to buy and read the book(s) to full blown reviews and evaluation of the work(s) recommended. Today I will launch the series with a repeat of a review of a relative's book that I did back when this book was first be published.

Friending God  By Marsh Larsen


A relative has written a book about her awakened search for God. Among those cheering her journey are Fr Richard Rohr, O.F.M. and many relatives and friends. In my brief review in Amazon I said the following:




A wonderful journey through her garden of friends. however, the treasure seems to still lie ahead as one is left with the sense that most of her journey or at least the telling of it is yet to come, perhaps in a sequel.

Father Rohr in his editorial review said this:

Most of us do not read formal theology books, and if we do, we too often find them abstract or distant.  Well, here is a fine antidote!

As a Deacon I have the joy of hearing many people's faith journey stories. I am sure you will enjoy Marsha's conversations with her friends about their faith and her journey. Friending God is available in paperback.

 Marsh began her journey as a atheist and come a long way but she is still on the journey and you can follow her progress on her blog "Friending God":

No comments: